The advancement of Scouting in Central Indiana would not be possible without the generosity and commitment of thousands of alumni, volunteers, donors, and friends who have been inspired by Scouting's impact on youth and our community.
The success of our council and district is based on generous financial support of many of our Friends of Scouting. Donations to the Crossroads of America support, among other things:
- Funding of the council's registration assistance and camp workership programs for at-risk youth;
- Regular maintenance of facilities and equipment at our seven council camps;
- Providing insurance to cover the council's members and property;
- Training adult volunteers on how to be better leaders for our youth members;
- Operation and staffing of five council service centers conveniently located throughout Central Indiana.
To help continue our momentum, please make a donation today by calling the Crossroads of America Council's office at (317) 813-7125 or contributing online by the instructions below.
Please join with us in supporting one Scout for an entire year at the $160 level.
Online Giving Instructions
To make your contribution online, visit www.scoutingfriends.org/donate which will direct you to the Boy Scouts of America's secure online donation processor.
To ensure that your gift is properly credited towards our current campaign in the Del-Mi district, please complete the following iteams.
1. Insert a Zip Code that is in the Crossroads of America Council. If you are from outside of the council's boundaries and wish to support the Crossroads of America Council, please enter 46060.
2. In the donor information section, please insert "Del-Mi Friends of Scouting" in the Address Line 2 field.
Friends of Scouting
During the months of October through February, each Pack, Troop, Team, and Crew should schedule a "Family" Friends of Scouting presentation. This presentation by a volunteer explains to parents how our Council is financed and educates them about our mission, services, facilities, and the "true cost" of Scouting. Units should sign up for their presentation now so we can give district volunteers enough time to plan for your presentation.
The annual "Friends of Scouting" drive raises approximately 20% of the council's operating budget each year. On average, $160 is needed per youth in our council to provide the programs and services that we have come to expect for one year.
Unit Incentive Program
The campaign team has set some challenging yet achievable goals for our units to encourage you to participate in this year's campaign.
- Gold Level: Units reaching this level will qualify for free rank advancement patches and the appropriate rank card from the date of achievement until December 31, 2015. This is a great deal for units that advance a large number of youth each year (that's every unit in Del-Mi). Free rank advancement patches do not include belt loops, arrow points, merit badges, palms, etc. It only applies to ranks.
To schedule your unit's FOS presentation, please fill out this Google Drive Form to provide the Del-Mi District with the necessary information for us to put your presentation on our calendar
Sign Up Now!
Each year, thousands of youth depend upon the money earned from unit fundraisers to attend summer camp, pay for annual registration, or attend monthly activities. Each unit who participates in a money raising project that is not endorsed by the council, must submit a Unit Money-Earning Application at least two weeks before the proposed fundraiser to the District Finance Committee.