About Us - Northeast District
The Northeast District serves 1,488 youth in Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturing supported by 640 adult volunteers in northeast Marion County, and western Hancock County. We serve the following school districts: Lawrence Township (MSDLT), Washington Township, and the Mount Vernon School District. Our 41 Scouting Units (Packs, Troops, and Crews) are "chartered" to various community and civic organizations.
Notable Highlights from 2013 -
- Nearly 100% of our Cub Scouts attended a Cub Scout camp.
- 83% of our Boy Scouts attended long-term summer camp.
- 61 youth earned the rank of Eagle Scout, Scouting's highest award, which is a district record.
- 951 rank advancements were earned.
- 8,659 community service hours were recorded. Scouts participated in community service projects including neighborhood beautification, and collecting and distributing food items for hungry people.
- The Northeast District yearly fundraising campaign, "Friends of Scouting" raised nearly $75,000 to support Scouting.
- The BSA opened a new high adventure base in West Virginia called “The Summit”, and hosted the National Jamboree where 250 Scouts from Crossroads of America Council attended.
- Three new Merit Badges were released with seven more to be released in 2014 along with program changes to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturing.
- Crossroads of America Council broke ground on a new dining hall for Camp Krietenstein that will be completed in time for the 2014 summer camping season.
The Northeast District Committee is the backbone that is designed to support our volunteers at a unit level. The committee consists of various community leaders, Scouters, and other interested volunteers. Below is a listing of all District Committee members and their respective positions. If you have a question, please reach out to the appropriate individual: