This page will inform you of news that you need to know. Please also check the Activities and Events page for more detailed information on upcoming events. Please also subscribe to our District Cub Scout Newsletter and Boy Scout Newsletter.
District Re-Charter & JTE turn-in schedule
Charter & JTE Workshops/Help Sessions:
Wednesday October 1, 6pm-7pm at the Training Center of Belzer Scout Camp
Wednesday October 15, 5:30pm-7pm at the Training Center of Belzer Scout Camp
Charter & JTE Turn-in Schedule:
1. Wednesday October 29th at Golden-Burke Scout Center
Pack 88 Pack 831
Troop 88 Troop 275
6:15pm - 6:30pm 7:15pm - 7:30pm
Pack 100 Pack 441
Troop 100 Troop 441
Crew 317 Pack 443
6:30pm-6:45pm 7:30pm - 7:45pm
Pack 200 Pack 444
Troop 237 Troop 443
Ship 2012 Pack 520
6:45pm - 7:00pm 7:45pm-8:00pm
Pack 427 Pack 488
Troop 427 Troop 446
2. Saturday November 1st at Activities Center at Camp Belzer
Pack 133 Pack 335 Troop 276 Troop 335
9:30am – 9:45am 10:30am-10:45am
Pack 127 Pack 50
Troop 157 Troop 686
9:45am - 10:00am 10:45am-11:00am
Pack 236 Pack 196
Troop 236 Troop 196
Troop 101 Crew 196
10:00am - 10:15am
Winter Cub Scout Recruiting Incentive Plan
November 1- March 31
* Complete 4 of 6 requirements: Pack Flag Ribbon with Special Presentation
* Complete all 6 requirements: Pack Flag Ribbon/Presentation AND ice cream treats for your pack members while attending Camp Belzer - Summer 2015.
REQUIREMENTS: Check off each requirement (on the PDF form) as your pack completes it.
1. Name a designated Pack Recruiting Coordinator (PRC). This is a volunteer other than the Cubmaster or Pack Committee Chair.
2. Hold one recruiting event or "Bring a Friend" event as a pack. Submit the date to the Membership Team 3 weeks in advance and receive Peer-to-Peer cards, a registration crate, recruiter patches for boys who bring a friend, and patches for new scouts that register. .
3. Submit an article to your school/church newsletter that highlights upcoming scouting activities and joining information. include a copy with this form.
4. Register a minimum of 3 new boys for the pack between November 1st and March 31st.
A new adult leadership position has been established by BSA focused specifically on year-round recruiting of youth membership in their units .
The Unit Membership and Marketing Coordinator duties will include:
- Attend membership recruiting orientation;
- Work with district membership team to schedule year-round recruiting dates;
- Assisting their unit in preparing the program calendar, budget, and unit newsletter;
- After district confirmation, serve as unit liaison to specific local school and its principal for recruiting potential scouts;
- Coordinate their unit's year-round grass roots marketing (recruiting) program;
- Coordinate their unit's recruiting meetings, ensure completion of youth applications & fee collection, and ensure delivery of applications & fees to district.
This unique position should not be filled by a Scouter who is already wearing a "hat" (i.e. Unit Leader or Unit Committee Chair). The full position description is contained in THIS PDF FLYER.
Camp Card Fundraiser
A new fundraiser has been announced for the spring – “Camp Cards”. Camp Cards are essentially discount cards that Scouts will sell in order to pay for their Scouting activities. The sale will be very easy. More details will be forthcoming; however, here are a few highlights:
- Cards will sell for $5 a piece with $2.50 going to the Scout, and $2.50 supporting the Council
- Cards will have a one-time use discount with multi-use discounts that will allow the card to pay for itself.
- Current vendors include: Marsh, Papa John's, Dairy Queen, Firestone, Indiana Ice, and Steak 'n Shake.
This will be a great additional way to pay for summer camp, Philmont, or unit dues. To learn more and have the most up-to-date information visit the Camp Cards page on the Crossroads main site.