This page will inform you of news that you need to know. Please also check the Activities and Events page for more detailed information on upcoming events.
Fifth annual God & Church class
Who: Castleton UMC Scouting Ministry and their BSA Troop 276 invites sixth to eighth graders to join our class.
What : God & Church religious award class (for course description got to www.praypub.org )
Where : In the class counselor’s home, 5780 Susan Drive East, Indianapolis, IN 46250-1760
When : Tuesday nights 7-8:30pm starting Jan 13th, 2015 for 12 weeks (done by April)
INFO : contact the class counselor, Eagle Scout Wild Bill Jensen, Troop 276 chaplain & NED Religious Emblems Coordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 317-537-2256 (h) or 317-657-3182
Cost : $4.50 for required God & Church student workbook, available at the Scout Shoppe (Golden-Burke Scout Center).
Supplies : Students should bring a Bible (NIV recommended), God & Church student workbook, a pen, and a notebook.
Church membership is not a requirement. This class is designed for Youth in Protestant & Independent Christian churches.
Parents are encouraged & welcome to do the God & Church Mentor program alongside their son(s). Parents are welcome in any class and should attend the first class on Jan 13th 2015.
PLEASE ADVISE THE COUNSELOR, WILD BILL, THAT YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THE CLASS .
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Go “Wild” for God!
Winter Cub Scout Recruiting Incentive Plan
November 1- March 31
* Complete 4 of 6 requirements: Pack Flag Ribbon with Special Presentation
* Complete all 6 requirements: Pack Flag Ribbon/Presentation AND ice cream treats for your pack members while attending Camp Belzer - Summer 2015.
REQUIREMENTS: Check off each requirement (on the PDF form) as your pack completes it.
1. Name a designated Pack Recruiting Coordinator (PRC). This is a volunteer other than the Cubmaster or Pack Committee Chair.
2. Hold one recruiting event or "Bring a Friend" event as a pack. Submit the date to the Membership Team 3 weeks in advance and receive Peer-to-Peer cards, a registration crate, recruiter patches for boys who bring a friend, and patches for new scouts that register. .
3. Submit an article to your school/church newsletter that highlights upcoming scouting activities and joining information. include a copy with this form.
4. Register a minimum of 3 new boys for the pack between November 1st and March 31st.
A new adult leadership position has been established by BSA focused specifically on year-round recruiting of youth membership in their units .
The Unit Membership and Marketing Coordinator duties will include:
- Attend membership recruiting orientation;
- Work with district membership team to schedule year-round recruiting dates;
- Assisting their unit in preparing the program calendar, budget, and unit newsletter;
- After district confirmation, serve as unit liaison to specific local school and its principal for recruiting potential scouts;
- Coordinate their unit's year-round grass roots marketing (recruiting) program;
- Coordinate their unit's recruiting meetings, ensure completion of youth applications & fee collection, and ensure delivery of applications & fees to district.
This unique position should not be filled by a Scouter who is already wearing a "hat" (i.e. Unit Leader or Unit Committee Chair). The full position description is contained in THIS PDF FLYER.
Camp Card Fundraiser
A new fundraiser has been announced for the spring – “Camp Cards”. Camp Cards are essentially discount cards that Scouts will sell in order to pay for their Scouting activities. The sale will be very easy. More details will be forthcoming; however, here are a few highlights:
- Cards will sell for $5 a piece with $2.50 going to the Scout, and $2.50 supporting the Council
- Cards will have a one-time use discount with multi-use discounts that will allow the card to pay for itself.
- Current vendors include: Marsh, Papa John's, Dairy Queen, Firestone, Indiana Ice, and Steak 'n Shake.
This will be a great additional way to pay for summer camp, Philmont, or unit dues. To learn more and have the most up-to-date information visit the Camp Cards page on the Crossroads main site.