Online Sales System
In addition to selling product face-to-face, Scouts sell popcorn to friends and family members that live out-of-town online. The Online Sales System allows Scouts and leaders to track online sales. Scouts are also able to send emails to customers asking them to purchase product online.
Create an Account – Scouts and Leaders
- Go to sell.trails-end.com and select Create an Account.
- Fill out the required information and select Sign Up (Scouts under the age of 13 need parental approval to activate the account)
- Go to the Spread the Word page to send emails to your customers
- Go to the Orders page to view your orders
- Go to the Resources page to learn the best ways to sell and to watch training videos
- Go to the Popcorn Sales page to view scholarship information
Online sales set-up instructions for a Leader: Online Selling Information - Leader tutorial
Online sales set-up instructions for a Scout: Online Selling Information - Scout tutorial
User Names in Online Sales System
An email address may only be associated with one account in the Online Sales System. A parent who has more than one Scout and each Scout wants to sell product online will require multiple accounts and therefore multiple email addresses.
Certain email providers allow users to manipulate their email address and still receive mail in their inbox. Gmail (Google’s email service) allows users to modify their addresses in the following ways:
- Append a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after the email address.
- Insert one or several periods (".") anywhere in your email address. Gmail does not recognize periods as characters in addresses.