Popcorn Safety Tips
- Be courteous and polite. Smile and introduce yourself.
- Wear your Scout uniform. This provides instant credibility since it is highly recognizable. Most people have a positive response to a Scout uniform and will be supportive.
- Be informed. Know the various products sold, when it will be delivered and how it benefits Scouts.
- When selling - ask if someone would like to support Scouting, not if they would like to buy popcorn. We are "selling" the Scouting program.
$600 and Beyond! A Scout's Plan
Closing the Sale Tips
Ask your unit marketing chair to arrange for publicity of your sale.
- Newspaper - Ask your community paper to run a feature story, highlighting uniformed Scouts and sale information.
- Radio - Have a uniformed Scout and leader visit the local radio station and offer sample products to on-air announcer. Take along a news release with sale information.
- Community calendars - Obtain permission to have information about your unit's sale included in the fall edition.
- Business signage - Ask businesses with their own changeable signage to promote the sale.
- Posters and Banners - Place outside local businesses to promote your sale.
- Questions about publicity? Contact Emily Elliott, council PR coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.