This unit-run event is an opportunity to explain the popcorn sale to parents, build excitement and communicate expectations. Scheduling a unit kickoff after fall recruitment ensures new families are included. September meetings are an ideal time for a kickoff provided they are held before the sale starts on September 20, 2014. Timing of the kickoff is important to give Scouts as much time as possible to impact their sale.
- Attend one of the five Council Popcorn Kickoffs, July 19 - August 21, 2014.
- Review the Unit Kernel Manual.
- Watch YouTube videos to get ideas on what your kickoff should include, look like, ideas for skits, chants, etc.
- Promote kickoff date and time to all families.
- Encourage both Scouts and parents to attend.
- Use the Unit Kickoff sample agenda.
Mission It's Poppable
Closing a Sale
Safety Rules & Selling Tips
5 Steps for a Successful Kickoff