This unit-run event is an opportunity to explain the popcorn sale to parents, build excitement and communicate expectations. Scheduling a unit kickoff after fall recruitment ensures new families are included. September meetings are an ideal time for a kickoff provided they are held before the sale starts on September 21. Timing of the kickoff is important to give Scouts as much time as possible to impact their sale.
- Attend the Ideal Kickoff training on June 12, 2013. Unit Kernels can also stream the training on YouTube by visiting the council's Google+ Popcorn page.
- Read the Unit Leader's Guide.
- Watch YouTube videos to get ideas on what your kickoff should include, look like, ideas for skits, chants, etc.
- Promote kickoff date and time to all families.
- Encourage both Scouts and parents to attend.
Mission It's Poppable
Closing a Sale
Safety Rules & Selling Tips
5 Steps for a Successful Kickoff