Journey to Excellence
Units, please record your service hours here if you know your unit ID or enter your hours here if you do not.
March 23 - April 18, 2015 - Scouting for Food - Help collect food for hungry families in your area by participating in Scouting for Food. All food collected can be taken to a local pantry or Kroger store and the food will be given to a pantry that serves that county. Kroger will provide bags and stickers to help with collection as well as sell pre-packaged bags in store. Click here to record items and service hours and we will record the hours to the national site for you and send your Scouts free patches!
Please submit project ideas below.
Promote a Project
Community organizations looking for assistance from Scouting volunteers or groups are encouraged to submit opportunities via e-mail to our Council Activities and Civic Service Committee to firstname.lastname@example.org . These will be screened and posted here on the website.
To Request a Service Project:
1. Event organizer(s) need to provide a flyer to Council Activity Committee at least 60 days before event date for approval.
2. Need to show event’s stability without additional Council resources.
3. Needs to fit Scouting’s aims and goals.
4. Approved partners could have events listed online and be added to an “upcoming events approved partner flyer” at roundtables and in the offices’ display racks.
5. Approved service projects will be allowed to provide flyers at select Scouting events including geographically relevant roundtables (monthly meetings at a district level).
6. Submitted flyer must contain the following information; minimum age of volunteers requested, date and times needed, person to contact for more information and list of any benefits that the volunteers would receive (t-shirts, food, parking, etc…)