Build a career supporting future generations
Crossroads of America Council employs hundreds of individuals each year, from Scouting professionals to camp staff. If you are looking for employment in the nonprofit industry, consider the Boy Scouts of America.
A Scouting professional works with volunteers and the community to deliver the Scouting program to the youth of central Indiana. The work is challenging, but the rewards of working for our organization can offer advancement as well as benefits. A four-year college degree is required.
Crossroads of America Council’s Afterschool Program offers opportunities for part-time work as program leaders. These leaders provide a Scouting program to at-risk youth. If you have an interest in working directly with youth, Scouting might be right for you.
If you are interested in being a ScoutReach program leader, please fill out an interest form for more information.
Passionate about working with and having an impact on kids? Interested in education and project-based learning? Ready to take your leadership skills to the next level in an amazingly fun summer job?
Summer Camp Staff are the single most consistent presence in the experience of each camper and have the greatest impact on each camper’s summer.
- Lifeguards and Aquatic Instructors that interact with every camper that attends the pool or waterfront.
- Camp Counselors that create engaging program specific experiences for every camper in dedicated areas such as STEM, Handicrafts, Adventure Courses, Shooting Sports, and more.
- Business Staff that support parent and camper experiences with check-in and check-out, exceptional communication, and trading post operations.
- Ranger Staff that ensure our campers have the best facilities and equipment, prepared and ready, for a lifechanging summer.
- Leadership and Director roles in program specific areas.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table, and we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
What You’ll Get
Professional growth and purposeful work in a playful, supportive environment that is mission driven by the Boy Scouts of America. Plus, you’ll join a lifelong community that aims for character development, leadership, citizenship, and personal fitness.
Crossroads of America Council has summer-long opportunities for camp staff including at Camp Belzer, Camp Kikthawenund, and Ransburg Scout Reservation. Additional non-paying opportunities are available for several week-long regional day camps.
To qualify for employment at camp, an applicant must be at least 15 years of age or older.
Internships are an excellent opportunity for current college students to gain hands-on experience in the nonprofit industry. Beyond recurring internship positions, Crossroads of America Council will design an internship program to fit a student’s interests and career aspirations, from development and grant writing to field service and program operations.