The Monon District of Crossroads of America Council serves 114 Scouting units located in Northwest Marion, Southern Boone, Hamilton and Tipton counties. These units have more than 5,400 members that are supported by 1,825 unit and district volunteers.
Roundtable is a monthly meeting for all registered leaders and parents to share best practices. Roundtable meets on the 2nd Thursday of every month and will be in a Virtual format for the foreseeable future. The link to join the virtual meeting can be found by visiting the Crossroads of America Council Calendar and clicking on the Monon District Roundtable Event for the given date.
Below are links to the Monon District Newsletter. Please send any unit or community information that you would like posted in the newsletter to Jeff White, District Communications Chair.
Our District boasts a variety of events throughout the year. To learn more about events happening around the Council, click here to view the Council’s calendar.
More Upcoming Events
- September 23 – 25, 2022 – Firecrafter Fall Frenzy – INFO
- September 24, 2022 – Good Turn for Nature
- September 30 – October 2, 2022 – Fall Camporee – At Ransburg
- October 3 & 11, 2022 – CAC Airshow Volunteer Rally – INFO
- October 21 – 23, 2022 – Webelos Encampment – Teter Retreat and Organic Farm
- December 7, 2022 – Firecrafter Midwinter Dinner – Camp Belzer – INFO
- January 20 – 22, 2023 – Winter Camporee
- March 18, 2023 – Scouting for Food
- March 23, 2023 – Pinewood Derby
- April 21 -23, 2023 – Spring Camporee
- July 19 – 28 2023 – National Jamboree – INFO
- October 27 – 29, 2023 – CAC Airshow/Fall Camporee – INFO
- First Sunday of the Month – Order of the Arrow Tahkwii Chitaneyo (TCO) Chapter Monthly Meeting – INFO
- National BSA Den Leader Videos – Each Adventure recorded!
- My.scouting Online Application Manager & Invitation Manager Guide
- Full Family Resources – Family Scouting details at the Cub Scout & Scouts BSA levels
- Electronic & Sample Boys’ Life Subscription Mini-Magazines
CAC Camp Facility Rental
Please read our FAQ on Camp Properties Reopening for information on limitations and changes to our properties and reservation process.
Our District is currently supported by the following people; however, new volunteers are always welcome! Please contact our District Executive to find out how you can become involved at the District level.
Volunteer Leadership Team
District Vice Chair
District Vice Chair
Communications & Public Relations Chair
Data Management Chair
Vice Chair – Development
FOS Family Chair
District Popcorn Kernel
Vice Chair – Membership
Parent Orientation Champion
Vice Chair – Program
Camping Committee Chair
Firecrafter Advisor – Currahee Ember
Order of the Arrow Advisor
Training Committee Chair
Advancement Committee Chair
Activities and Civic Service Committee
District Pinewood Derby Coordinators
Scouting for Food Coordinator
Good Turn for Nature Coordinator
Eagle Board Chair
Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
Scouts BSA Roundtable Commissioner
We like to send out a monthly newsletter to keep our members informed. Please fill out the form below to subscribe.
We encourage you to connect with us via the links below:
Thank you to our District Sponsor Gaylor Electric for your generous support to help ensure Scouting stays strong in central Indiana in 2021.
Find the Scouting programs near you.