Your Future is Now!
Connect with Us
What is Exploring?
Exploring is a unique career exploration program for young men and women ages 10 to 20. The program provides students with an opportunity to learn about a wide variety of career fields and network with professionals already working in those fields.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organization in their communities. Local organizations initiate an Explorer program by matching their staff and program resources to the interests of young people.
Our MissionDeliver character building experiences and mentorship that allow youth to achieve their full potential in both life and work.
Our VisionShape the workforce of tomorrow by engaging and mentoring today’s youth in career and life-enhancing opportunities.
Our PromiseBring businesses and community leaders together to help young people reach their full potential.
Why Exploring?Exploring provides exciting activities and one-on-one mentorship for youth looking to discover their future. You will get hands-on experience to determine whether or not a particular career field is right for you, you will develop valuable networking contacts with professionals working in your selected career fields, and you get to know other youth with your same interests and aspirations.
Post or Club?Exploring serves two age groups, both co-ed. Explorer Clubs serve middle schoolers, aged 10-13, in sixth through eighth grade. Explorer Posts serve older youth, 14-20 years old. The program model is the same for both age groups— hands-on and interactive character and career activities facilitated by trained business leaders from the local community.
Five Program Emphases
1. Career Opportunities
- Provide hands-on, interactive career experiences
- Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options
2. Life Skills
- Develop basic life skills using the Exploring Activity Library
- Facilitate positive social interactions
- Encourage the skill and desire to help others
- Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others
4. Character Development
- Help make ethical choices
- Facilitate service learning opportunities
5. Leadership Experience
- Allow youth leaders to coordinate your program activities
- Facilitate leadership training with Exploring’s training materials
In addition to our webpages, we encourage you to connect with us via the links below.