Rechartering Resources for Crossroads of America
Thank you for supporting the Crossroads of America and the Boy Scouts of America! Charter Renewal is an annual process to verify active registered Scouts and leaders (adding new Scouts and leaders, removing those no longer involved) and re-affirm relationships with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). Charters for all packs, troops, crews, and ships in Crossroads of America Council expire on December 31, 2021.
Units should plan to complete charter renewal via the National Internet Charter Renewal System by December 15, 2021, to allow time for processing before the end of the year. On-time charter renewal of your unit is important. Instructions provided below will assist in the charter renewal process. This year the entire process can be completed online, including payment of national fees and Scout Life subscriptions. The person processing a unit’s charter renewal can stop and exit the system at any time and pick up where they previously stopped.
We are excited to announce there is a completely revamped and rebuilt charter renewal system! This new system is tied into the Internet Advancement website and has been designed to make charter renewal quick and easy! Access to the system will be available starting October 15, 2021 on the link below.
Online Charter Renewal is best accessed using Chrome or Firefox. It will not work well with Internet Explorer.
1. No unit access code needed.
2. Any member of a unit’s Key-3 can access and complete the charter renewal process.
3. Use the same login as Scoutbook or My.Scouting account.
4. Unit Key-3 can designate a “Key-3 Delegate” to another user to complete the process.
5. Single screen for all data review and validation
6. Uploads for new applications, YPT, or CBC forms easy to manage
7. Used for ALL unit charter renewals, including Explorer Posts and Clubs
8. Easy electronic approval by COR or a designate
9. Convenient payment online or at Council Service Center
- Commissioner Dashboard will be available to monitor unit progress
WHAT DO WE DO AFTER COMPLETING CHARTER RENEWAL ONLINE?
1. Retain a copy of the charter renewal for your records – either save electronically or print and file in a safe location. Include copies of all attachments (Scout applications, adult applications, YPT certificates, CBC authorizations).
Crossroads of America Council, BSA
7125 Fall Creek Road North
Indianapolis, IN 46256
YOUTH PROTECTION POLICY
Youth Protection Training (YPT) is required for each adult on the unit charter, and all adults registered in Scouting in the Crossroads of America Council must maintain current Youth Protection Training certification. Youth Protection Training is valid for a period of two years and many leaders will see their certification expire this year. Be sure all adults have current YPT certification before you start charter renewal. In addition, every new Adult Application must include a Youth Protection Training certificate.
You will not be able to complete your charter renewal if any registered adult has expired YPT certification. Training can be completed online through my.scouting.org.